Friday, November 4, 2011

Adobo (Ilonggo Style)

Adobo, one of the most popular dish in the country and could pass as the national dish of Pinoys has many variations. It could be cooked using pork, beef, chicken or even vegetables, with or without soy sauce.

Since it's one of my favorite dish, I've tried so many times to cook it but never was I successful and because of those failures, I never attempted to try cooking adobo again. Well, that is until this evening. My husband, who was a million miles away from home has insisted (through yahoo messenger) for me to try  his adobo recipe, Adobo Ilonggo style. I was a little hesitant at first but he said it would be easy and that I could do it. So with my husband's recipe which I got while we were chatting on YM, I went to the kitchen and started cooking my adobo. I was nervous and excited at the same time while preparing the dish for I don't know what's gonna happen. Will it be another failed attempt in making the most popular dish in the land? But lo and behold...


my adobo was a success! Dear husband was so proud.


Here are the ingredients for the adobo recipe:

  • 1/2 kilo pork 
  • vinegar
  • 1 head of garlic, crushed
  • 1 medium sized onion, sliced
  • atsuete/annatto seeds soaked in 1 cup of hot water
  • cooking oil
  • salt
  • Maggi magic sarap
Directions:

  • In a frying pan, saute garlic and onions in oil.
  • Add the pork. Cook until brown.
  • Add vinegar.
  • Strain atsuete/annatto water and add it to the pan.
  • Season with salt and magic sarap
  • Bring to a boil
  • When the liquid has dried up, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Mix well
  • Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment